Sunday, April 15, 2012

New crafty things

I've been putting off making new blog posts, because it's soo frustrating to add photos on here for me. So here's a few new things I've done/been working on.

First up is my favorite, a necklace made from gears. Very steampunk, which I like. I saw this necklace on Etsy, made from a bazillion gears, and saw a 12 pack of similar ones at Hobby Lobby(also at Michaels) for $7 and knew I had to make one myself. I would LOVE to link up to the gears, but I can't find them on either of their sites!

I honestly had never made any jewelry before this, aside from your VERY simple beaded things, so it was entirely new to clasp and unclasp the rings, put together a claw clasp, cut the chain, etc. But I think it turned out fabulous. This one in particular is the one I made for my SIL, who gave me my very first Etsy sale(thanks!)


Here's a few more photos, including me wearing the one I made for myself. It's very easy to put them together, epoxy or superglue the gears together, make the necklace, but if you don't feel like doing it yourself, here's a link to my Etsy listing for one. Only $15 shipped! :)



Next up, I finished my bathroom canvas pop-art. I don't really know what else to call it, as it has a very Warhol feel, minus being solid colored. My new shower curtain has elephants and hearts in orange/blue/brown/light green colors, so the butterfly one just didn't quite fit.

This is an up-close pic of it, and then here's another one of it against a few of the accent towels, to give you a better idea of the color scheme I was working with.




The sock monkey helps the colors pop, don't ya think? It was a very sweet gift from the bf when he was living in Texas and me in Iowa, he sent it in a package of Christmas gifts, and sprayed it with his cologne. It still faintly smells like it, too. :)



I don't think I've posted this at all yet, this I actually made a long while ago, when first deciding the new bathroom scheme. The wall had been empty for some time, and I had an empty poster frame to use.

I really wanted to cut the letters out of scrapbook paper using stencils, but I couldn't decide what size stencils I like, or what paper to use. So instead I did a google search for stencils, and copied different letters, then filled them in with various backgrounds from paint shop's library, or random background sites. Printed em out on cardstock, cut em, and glued em on!

The quote is actually a lyric from a song by The Cure, "The Promise." I plan on getting it tattooed somewhere, but haven't found what I want to tie in with it yet. As you can see, I haven't quite finished the decor as there's still Hello Kitty framed pics on the other wall!

As for upcoming projects, there's a few things I'm wanting to work on. I plan on posting some photography onto my Etsy page. I just got a nice big vase from a garage sale for a whole quarter that I'd like to turn into a terrarium. Also got a (badly painted) 2 level bird house, that's more of a micro book case, that I'll at least paint, but I have no plans with from there. We shall see!

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment