Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Disco ball nails

I was gonna wait to post another nail update after I had a couple more designs underhand, but, I've been looking for a good Deborah Lippmann's Happy Birthday replica, and thought others might be, too, so wanted to share asap!

This is Happy Birthday, by Deborah Lippmann. It retails for a whopping $18, which I just can't justify spending on one polish(in fact, with last month's Sallys sale, I got 6 China Glaze's at that price!) I've become sort of a China Glaze only snob lately, but saw a very cheap seemingly good replica at Claires a couple weeks ago and picked it up.


This is Bedazzled. It cost a whole $4.50, and got another cute Deborah Lippmann replica for half off with it.

I did a single coat of it when I got it, but didn't like it so kind of tossed it aside. Then when looking up pics of Happy Birthday, I saw it layered over black so decided to try it, and I absolutely love it! The boyfriend calls it disco ball nails, which I can't disagree with!

Did a couple coats of China Glaze's Liquid Leather, and sealed with a coat of Seche Vite first.
I've tried sooo many black polishes, and this one is amazing.

Then did a couple pretty thick coats of Bedazzled, until I was satisfied with the coverage. I haaate seeing open spots, and usually these thick glitters leave me annoyed, but this was super easy to cover up. Instead of doing a top coat of Seche Vite, I used Konad's top coat. It works well for the thick glitters in my opinion, since it's so thick and won't smudge a thing.

Final nails(shot in a couple different modes to accurately show the glitter):


Hope this helps anyone looking for a good replica. Enjoy!

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment