Monday, April 9, 2012

Two recent manis

With the first one-photo-only set of mani's out of the way, I figured I could post two I did recently that I actually got good photos of!


This is actually my current mani. I got China Glaze's Lighthouse a few weeks ago, and while I absolutely loved it right off the bat, it was so ungodly sheer that it could not be worn alone. I had the bright idea to wear it over another yellow, but my only other yellows were also too sheer. Even over white it seemed to show every little imperfection.

Then the other day I stumbled upon some remaining polishes from the Electropop collection at one of the Sallys in town and grabbed Sunshine Pop. That worn alone is just amazing. Two coats for full coverage. And one very thin coat of Lighthouse later, I'm in absolute love! The photos do capture some of the shimmer, but there's so much of it going on it's as if the top coat is frosted.



The second is navy blue with gold half moons.


To achieve this look, first I painted all nails in gold, using Luxe by Orly, as seen above. Then using binder label stickers, I laid a circle on each nail, and painted over with my navy blue, which was Up All Night by China Glaze. The gold went on great, and looks good even on it's own. The blue is more of a DEEP blue, so unless in light it can end up looking black. The original tutorial I used was actually found on pinterest using the exact same colors. Here is that chart, for reference:


Hope you enjoyed. Many more to come!

-T

2 comments:

  1. Yay! It's way easy, and you can get a pack of like, 344 of these from Dollar Tree. I forget if your nails are thinner than mine, but for my thumbnail I hafta put two of em together

    ReplyDelete